The staff of Bates County Memorial Hospital Laboratory is committed to providing accurate and reliable results to help our providers quickly diagnose our patients. Laboratory services are utilized by our outpatients, inpatients, the Emergency Department, as well as by the Family Care Clinics of Butler, Adrian and Rich Hill.
BCMH Laboratory is accredited by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). The laboratory is staffed at all times and testing is performed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Testing not performed at Bates County Memorial Hospital is sent to LabCorp (Laboratory Corporation of America) and pathology services are performed by MAWD Pathology Group of Kansas City.
A variety of tests are performed at BCMH Laboratory just a few examples include:
- Blood Banking – Blood Type (ABO), Antibody Screen, Crossmatch
- Microbiology – Culture of – Urine, Wound, Throat, Sputum, Body Fluid, Etc.
- Serology – Pregnancy tests, RSV, Mono, Influenza by PCR
- Chemistry – Sodium, Potassium, Lipids, TSH, PSA, Hemoglobin A1c
- Hematology – Complete Blood Count, Retic, Body Fluid Cell Count
- Urinalysis & Urine Drug Screen – DOT and non-DOT urine drug collections
The instrumentation in the BCMH Laboratory is kept current with up-to-date technology in order to provide quality results as quickly as possible. Two chemistry analyzers are utilized to prevent any break in service to our Emergency Department. These analyzers utilize a combined chemistry and immunochemistry platform providing a wide variety of testing. The hematology analyzer utilizes advanced “fluorescent flow cytometry” technology to ensure accurate counting and identification of cellular structures in blood and body fluids.
BCMH Laboratory is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for patient testing. Please bring your identification and insurance information as this will be needed when you check in. For the most efficient service please register in the following areas prior to coming to the laboratory:
- Outpatient Admissions Desk in the Front Lobby – Monday-Friday 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Emergency Room Admissions Desk – All other times and Holidays
Donors for DOT or non-DOT drug screens do not need to register in Admissions, please come to the laboratory. Please call ahead to schedule DOT Collections – this service is not available at all hours. Our Laboratory does not perform breath alcohol testing.
Laboratory Phone: 660-200-7041
Fax – Outpatient Laboratory Orders: 660-200-7083